90 Ford f150 5.0 engine gets hot?

The radiator is full, the water pump is working and circulating, the belt is good and fan is working, I get hot air when heater is turn on, I do have the thermostat out of it because it was sticking a while back. So I'm stumped on this one. Anyone have any suggestion what I'm over looking

First thing you should do is put a new thermostat in it.Run a 180° during the spring and summer months then switch to a 192° for fall and winter.A computer controlled vehicle won't warm up to proper operating temp when thermostat isn't installed which causes the computer to run in open loop mode all the time. If coolant is circulating ok through the radiator, the most likely cause of overheating is a faulty fan clutch and/or faulty radiator cap. Make sure the temp gauge is working properly too.It might have a faulty temp sending unit that controls the gauge.It is installed in the lower intake manifold on driver side. There's also a chance that you might have a blown head gasket from where the thermostat was sticking closed.Wet spark plugs, steamy smoke from tailpipe, constant coolant loss but no leaks, detonation&milky substance mixed in oil are all signs for a blown head gasket.Without a thermostat bein installed, the engine shouldn't be getting over 160-170° unless fan clutch or cap is bad

Blown head gasket. Check for ANY trace amounts of oil in your radiator(oil floats to top) or antifreeze (water) in your oil which will make this light tan sludge in your oil.

Fan clutch? Also cap? How about a new thermostat? What about the inner condition of the radiator? If the coolant system was abused, id bet the bottom 1/3 of your radiator is plugged with mud.
is it using coolant or just running warm? It is normal for that engine to run 210-220, and balance the coolant system first so its not losing, then figure out if your temp reading is accurate, ford is famous for the big normal that covers 92% of the guage.
also, bugs in the radiator? Shroud? Is it a serpentine drive fan like it should be as well as waterpump? When was the last time heads were off? Didn't put the small holes or blanks in front? 302 is a good engine and easy to diagnose.

At that age, head gasket could be leaking w/o obvious signs; in some cars, the intake manifold can leak and cause heat probs.

lubrication probs can cause heat probs, too.

check for coolant circ in heater core.

• Check engine light comes on when the weather gets cold So I have a 2004 Ford Taurus SE and I bought it around a year ago. Now, every time the weather gets below around 50 or so the Check Engine light will turn on. But when it warms up to 55+ it'll turn back off. I use the system check in the car with the buttons and it says everything's okay. It'll probably shut off in 2 or 3 days, just wondering what's going on and how to make it stop?
  • Why does my Ford Ranger start rough idle when engine is hot? I have a 2002 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 with 4.0 litre SOHC engine, it starts good when cold, but I get a rough idle start when the truck was already used and heated up. Engine diagnostics show nothing, I changed the air filter a month ago, changed platinum plugs and plug wires last year, regular oil and filter changes been done. I'm running out of ideas on the cause of this rough idle. Any suggestions, please answer.
  • 1994 Ford Ranger, Rough Cranking When Engine Is Warm/Hot? - 1994 Ford Ranger - 2.3l Engine - 110k Miles My truck has been having problems cranking when the engine is warmed up/hot. When the engine is cold or hasn't been started for like 2-3hours, it will start right up. I have a few ideas of what it may be, but I would like others opinions also. - ECT Sensor? - ICM? - Crank Sensor? Those are the three I have thought of that could be causing a problem with my situation.
  • Ford 3000 diesel tractor cranks hard and gets hot on starter? It cranks hard and makes a slight grinding noise. The battery posts and cables get warm while the cable connection on the solenoid and the ground on the face of the starter gets real hot.