97 Ford f150 4x4 5 speed front drive shaft?

Hi i'm looking ay buying a 1997 Ford f150 single cab short bed 5 speed originally it was a 4x4 but they have done a motor swap to a carbed 302 from a mustang. They didn't reinstall the front drive shaft but I believe the transfer case and everything is still there. Can I just buy a front drive shaft and hook or back.up and have 4x4? I think the truck was originally a 4.2 v6 also.

IF the stuff is in working order, yes, BUT, don't pay any extra $$$ for the 4x4, because the front axle could be junk. Wouldn't hurt to look underneath & make sure thye T-case is still there, because 'usually' the T-case is removed when taking the front axle out of service.

A butchered engine swap is the worst buy in the world. My son found that out the hard way many years ago. Wouldn't listen when I told him that the good looking F150 had been butchered on an engine swap and paid and paid and paid for the mistake. When someone does an engine swap and doesn't have all systems working again it's because something was butchered and making it right is usually very, very expensive.

• What is the top speed for a 1993 ford explore cut 4x4 v6? I want to buy me the 93' but I want speed, does anyone know the top speed for the 93 explore in mph
  • Can I make my five speed to a six speed? I have a 91 Ford Ranger 3.0L V6 five speed. I know it's not an idea vehicle to fix but I enjoy the vehicle much. I would to fix it up, I know to give it a better performance that I have to make a lot of things custom. One thing I'd like to do is change it to a six speed, would it be wise to do so and is it possible? I'm hoping for a little bit gas mileage doing this and maybe faster acceleration?
  • Should I trade my 1995 ford mustang v6 5 speed for a 3000gt v6 five speed? Mustang runs and drives, 3000gt runs and drives but need ball joint and a arm. Should I trade if he throws money in for trade?
  • How is fording a river in a manual 4x4 different to an automatic 4x4? I had forded a river with a LR Defender before and usually stuck it in Low 2nd gear and push through the river at 2-3k rpm. Luckily I never got stuck in the middle but I remember reading somewhere that it is easier to ford rivers with an automatic gearbox due to the lack of clutch housing? Since automatic gearbox won't really stall in the middle of the river, would it be okay to shift it in reverse if stuck?