2004-2008 Ford F150 vs 2004-2008 Dodge Ram 1500?

I have been wanting to know which of these two trucks should I get? I watch videos on them but as I read the comments the controversy between the people are just left and right, "dodge is better, ford is better" but they never give an explanation why. So which truck is more reliable and why?

Its all on how well you take care of it

• Is the dodge ram 1500 5.7 hemi a good truck? Ok, so I need a truck to drive to school with, and at first I wanted the ford raptor, but I heard that ford sucks, so yea I need a truck to drive to school with and sometimes go off road with.
  • Will a 2004 ford 150 bed shell fit my 2001 dodge 1500? My dad is a 2004 ford f150 when he bought it came with a ARE fiberglass shell the flat one that you lift up he doesn't use it he said if it fits my 2001 Dodge ram 1500 I could have it I was wondering if it would fit. Both the trucks have six-foot bed but I don't know about the outside of the bed dimensions
  • Dodge ram 1500 5.7 hemi or 2015 ford f150 platinum? I need a truck to drive to school with, but I don't know which truck to drive. I need a truck that can drive good on the road, can go off-road if I need to, can go fast, looks nice, and sounds great. And yes, I have the money to put a lot of upgrades on either one of these trucks.
  • Dodge ram 1500 5.7 hemi or 2014 ford f150 silverauto? Ok, so I need a truck to drive to school with. I live in the country, but most of the roads I go on aren't dirt. I'll be on regular roads most of the time, but I'll be off road sometimes.