1977 Ford F150 cranks but won't start (see details). Any ideas?

This 1977 Ford F-150 has gradually built up a "won't start after sitting for over a week" problem. Once it does start, it keeps starting perfectly all day -- and its on-road performance shows no signs of trouble; it runs great; no stalling, no roughness.

Its emissions seem fine…
2018 - HC 90 loaded, 171 idle / Cmox 0.09 loaded, 0.84 idle.

Though it's a 1977, it has only 126K miles on it; I bought it used in 1987. I've driven it sparingly since 1991, but I start & run the engine regularly to keep it in good shape. The last time it started was in early December 2018; I've tried various remedies (checking ground, etc.) since, with no luck. The battery is new, from January this year.

The last time major work was done on this truck was the late 1990s (carburetor overhaul, maybe other items); as far as I know, the ignition module is the same one as when I bought it in 1987; the plug-in connectors look very weathered on the outsides.

Suggestions will be appreciated!

Fuel pump

I've seen similar behavior in GM vehicles with Rochester 4 barrels that slowly leak the fuel out of the fuel bowl through the main jet drill passage plugs. Not sure if your carburetor is constructed in the same fashion though because you didn't tell us anything about the engine or carb type. Some of the old paper fuel filters also had a check valve to keep the fuel line from draining back to the tank.

Get the gmc sierra

• My 2002 ford taurus cranks but don't start? It starts when i put starting fluid my fuel pump won't come on can i try anything before buying a new one I meant ford mustang
  • Car cranks but will not start? My car is Ford Taurus 2003 SES and recently it cranks but won't start. I got a new battery, sparks are good, all relays are working fine. but when i check the fuel pump by listening to the sound in the fuel tank i didn't hear anything, the next thing is no fuel pressure. Now i do not know what to do next. is it the fuel pump or is it something else?
  • Car cranks but does not start? Car will not start? 00 ford Mustang v6. Will only start if I spray starting fluid in it, but will die out in less then a minute of it being on. Car is getting spark and cranks electrical I know is 100 percent good. Fuel rail is receiving fuel but I don't know the pressure but pours out when I press on the valve. Sounds like it wants to start just doesn't fire up. The car I know was on a flooded street but only to the floor.
  • Is this a reasonable way to look at the Ford- Kavanaugh controversy (see details)? Just forget about it at this point. Que Sera Sera. Right or wrong, it's out of our hands. If Kavanaugh is confirmed, fine. If not, fine. There's no way we're ever really going to know for sure, or even halfway for sure. The FBI investigation was just too short. Currently, it's still a case of "he said, she said." The bottom line is that there's nothing we can do about it., whether we want Kavanaugh to be confirmed or not.