07 Ford F150 Superduty to Pioneer AVHX3800BHS stereo, Steering wheel interface: what do I need to make audio controls work?

I installed a Pioneer AVHX3800BHS stereo about a year ago, and my friend helping me was familiar with installing stereos; he told me my steering wheel controls would be disabled and that he didn't think there was a way to connect them. A year later and a quick Google search seems to indicate that I should have done more research earlier.
I'm running into trouble figuring out what i need to make it happen still. Is it a module? Wiring harness? A certified stereo technician?
I'm confident in my ability to plug Af->AmBf->Bm and removing panels, but so many manufacturers, lingo, and wires pointing everywhere is overwhelming me… I'm not good at shopping.
Everything else is connected and works, so not sure if I should buy a full blown wiring kit or if this SWC is something I can get separately.

My suggestion - contact Pioneer and tell them the vehicle + stereo info

Go to a car audio shop. They will tell you what needs to be done.

Yes, that HU has a wired remote input. If you get a steering wheel remote adapter it should work.
I'd start at crutchfield.com. One of their advisor windows should pop up. Talk with them.

I think a remote kit like this will be what you need:

Installation may be fairly involved.