2008 Ford F150 making ticking noise when accelerating?

I have an 08 f150 100k miles and most of the time when I accelerate it makes a ticking noise. Its not quite a rattle, or a knock, but rather like one tick over and over when i accelerate. Very rarely I can hear it when Idling, but it doesn't sound right. I have had my mechanic look at it and when i brought it in it was working fine(of course). The oil pressurse stays solid at 1/2-3/4. I got the oil changed. Went from using 87 gas to91. Used 44k fuel cleaner and that seemed to make it better for the first drive afterwards. When I first got the truck it wasn't making this noise. It ended up having a camshaft issue and they had to replace it and thats when it really started. Just looking for advise to see where to start for this one?

Added (1). It was actually the cam shaft phaser that they had to replace.

Ticking noise under acceleration, if you are not talking about engine knock, is probably going to be an exhaust leak at the manifold. It sounds very similar to a ticking lifter, but is usually only heard under acceleration. To rule out engine knock, run a tank of premium through it. If it stops, then there's probably a timing issue or, more likely, something wrong with the knock sensors.

It could be a sticky valve lifter but your mechanic should have been able to determine that. Lifters had to be removed when the cam was replaced. I would take it back to mechanic who did the cam work.

• Ticking noise coming from engine? - 1 I have a 1978 Ford Ranchero and there's a ticking noise coming from the passenger side In engine. And this car was given to me and I had my camshaft, timing chain set, and all 16 lifters changed what can this noise be? Could it be from a bad rocker arm? And what can I do to quiet this noise. I'm broke so I can't do any further expensive repairs
  • My 2008 ford ranger Truck is making a Grinding noise when clutch is engaged/press. What are my options? I attach a youtube video of a different car making the same sound. Is my only option to replace the clutch or can it be adjusted? If anybody could link a repair manual to a 2008 ford ranger that would be awesome. I tried google and torrent sites but had no luck
  • 03 ford ranger 3.0L v6 making clicking noise? A few days ago my ranger started making a clicking noise from the engine. It increases with the rpms and seems to go away when torque is applied like going up a hill. I had probably waited too long to change my oil and I just changed it and it seemed to maybe help a little. Does anyone know what the sound might be?
  • Loud roaring type noise accelerating between 40 and 50mph? Ford Focus recently serviced but after a week began making a roaring type of loud engine (?) noise accelerating between around 45-50mph. Plus some window vibration. After 55 and cruising at 70 no more noise. Yet it returns when the speed goes back down to 50 and then disappears in the low gears and low speeds. Exhaust? Bearings? Seals? Wheels?