1997 Ford 150 ignition switch problem?

Our F-150 ignition switch turns but has no resistance when it should as the starter should engage? Does anyone have an idea what is wrong with this truck? Nothing at all happens when you turn the switch.Battery is new and good.

Inside the steering column, quite close to the ignition cylinder, is a box that houses the actual electrical contacts that make & break when you turn the ignition key. There's a stiff wire connecting rod that connects the ignition cylinder to the contact box. You'll have to take the plastic covering off the steering column & see what happened.

Chances are your ignition switch is broken. At the end of the lock is a small peg that turns the gear that starts the truck. That peg is small and is prone to breaking.

• How to change the ignition switch on a 2000 ford ranger? It has the anti theft protection and a chip in the key. So, my question is, is the dealer the only place that can scan the key and make it work?
  • Can my starter burn out if ignition switch is bad? I have a 1990 ford ranger 2.9L Whenever i turn my truck on it starts up but while its on it makes a noise like it's cranking to start. But when I turn it off it still does it and the belts are still rotating also it's does it with out the key in the ignition After that it stops but my starter is burnt out and my positive cable to my battery is Al so burnt
  • Need wiring ignition switch connection DETAILS for 73 (11/72) Ford F100? Wire colors are Yellow, Black, Red w/Blue stripe, Pink, & two (2) Red w/Green stripe (on one terminal). I haven't found anything for these combination of wire color on the web. I need to know where to connect each of these wires… Correctly. I have a ballast, an ignition module, starter solenoid, distributor and coil to connect this specific combination of wires colors to, with this 6 pin switch (only 5 are connected because two red w/green stripe wires are on one pin/terminal)
  • How to remove ignition switch Cylinder from 98 ford crown victoria if the ignition cylinder is stuck? I have a 98 crown Victoria. And i used a wrong key by mistake yesterday and now my actual key won't work. I've tried removing the ignition lock cylinder but any video i watch on Youtube tells me to turn the key to replace ignition lock cylinder but i can't do that because its jammed. I've tried jiggling the steering wheel and turning the key but no luck. Pretty sure its the ignition lock cylinder but i can't get the damn thing out without turning the key