02 ford f150 starting problems?

Put the key in ignition, lights come on, truck won't start. Just a buzzing sound from steering column area, not engine. Checked battery… Fine. Replaced ignition switch. Replaced starter relay. Still won't start when i turn the key… BUT… It will start if i use a jumper wire from positive battery terminal to exposed terminal on relay (removed push on connector - signal wire from the ignition switch).

What could be the problem?

The wiring going to the relay are fine. Not corroded at all.

If the starter works fine from the relay wouldn't it be logical that the problem lies between the key and relay?

Look at the terminal connectors to the relay. One or more could be burnt or corroded. Then check the wiring going to and from the relay.

• What causes problems starting a car and the engine to misfire going over 60 mph? This problem started about two months ago. I have a 2006 Ford Taurus. So far no mechanic can figure out the problem. They have replaced all of the spark plugs (numerous times because they keep going bad), an engine coil, the crankshaft position sensor, the battery, did a tune-up, ran a $100 diagnostic test and still the problem occurs. Anyone have any idea what could be the problem? I forgot that they also did a coolant flush.
  • Shifting problems and intake problems? I drive a 1997 ford ranger with a 2.3l automatic. I have recently experienced a hard shifting in my truck even when I'm not on the gas it has problems shifting. And I cleaned my air filter and filter hose that goes to my throttle body and there was transmission fluid in the hose. What can be causing this and how can I fix it or how much will it cost roughly?
  • 2007 Ford focus starting problems? 2007 Ford focus. I have a steep driveway and when i park on it the car just clicks when I try to start it. Have had it in the shop 17 says out of the last month, Always starts right up. Could it have something to do with parking o a steep driveway? I have a jump pack and it will start right up.
  • Ford Fiesta Starting problems? I have a Ford Fiesta 2003 and it starts perfectly every time. When I start it and turn it off and then start it again, it will start again! However when I drive for example to the petrol station, around 15 miles away, and stop the car and try and restart it won't work? Any ideas?